Debut of melt pressure measuring chainKistler Instrument Corporation has announced the North American market introduction of Type 4021A, a melt pressure measuring chain with ½"-20 UNF thread, designed to simultaneously measure short duration pressure peaks and temperatures.
The Kistler Type 4021A incorporates a melt pressure sensor, constructed of a very stable, high-temperature piezoresistive silicon sensing element, with an abrasion-resistant stainless steel diaphragm, and an integral amplifier, which is designed to match the sensor. The sensor is offered in multiple lengths and angular configurations, in pressure measurement ranges of 0 to 29000 psi (0 to 3000 bar) and temperature ranges of 32 °F to +662 °F (0 °C to +350 °C), with choice of cable lengths.
The unique performance characteristics of Type 4021A allow for mounting of the sensor directly in the flow of material, eliminating the time lag typically associated with indirect measurement systems, and enables direct real-time measurement of the process parameters determining product quality. Type 4021A is ideal for use in demanding short-cycle process monitoring environments. As the sensor does not contain any transmission medium, it is ideal for use in medical applications. Units may also be used for static pressure measurements within polymer pumps or other demanding environments. An optional service kit for forming and cleaning the sensor hole (Type 4193) is recommended for use with this sensor.
- EMX LEX-1000 Color Light Measurement Sensor Works for a Wide Variety of Light Sources
- AutomationDirect Ultrasonic Sensors Available with Discrete or Analog Outputs
- Ametek Crystal Engineering T-975-CPF Pneumatic Hand Pump Generates Pressure and Vacuum
- American Sensor Technologies Model AST46PT Exposion-Proof Pressure/Temperature Transmitter Offers Precision Measurements
- Yokogawa DPharp EJA Transmitters Features 90 ms. Response Time
- UEC One Series Smart Transmitter-Switch Monitors Gage and Differential Pressure
- Turck PT4500 and PT4510 Submersible Pressure Transmitters are Optimized for Challenging Environments
- Tel-Tru Model P611 Pressure Transmitter Maximizes Cycle Life In Pressure Spikes
- Swagelok IPT Series Suitable for Surface and Subsea Installation
- SOR 805QS Pressure Switch/Transmitter is Ideal for Hazardous Locations
- All products »
- Featured White Papers