Debut of melt pressure measuring chainKistler Instrument Corporation has announced the North American market introduction of Type 4021A, a melt pressure measuring chain with ½"-20 UNF thread, designed to simultaneously measure short duration pressure peaks and temperatures.
The Kistler Type 4021A incorporates a melt pressure sensor, constructed of a very stable, high-temperature piezoresistive silicon sensing element, with an abrasion-resistant stainless steel diaphragm, and an integral amplifier, which is designed to match the sensor. The sensor is offered in multiple lengths and angular configurations, in pressure measurement ranges of 0 to 29000 psi (0 to 3000 bar) and temperature ranges of 32 °F to +662 °F (0 °C to +350 °C), with choice of cable lengths.
The unique performance characteristics of Type 4021A allow for mounting of the sensor directly in the flow of material, eliminating the time lag typically associated with indirect measurement systems, and enables direct real-time measurement of the process parameters determining product quality. Type 4021A is ideal for use in demanding short-cycle process monitoring environments. As the sensor does not contain any transmission medium, it is ideal for use in medical applications. Units may also be used for static pressure measurements within polymer pumps or other demanding environments. An optional service kit for forming and cleaning the sensor hole (Type 4193) is recommended for use with this sensor.
- Endress+Hauser's Liquiphant FailSafe FTL8x Point Level Switches
- Turck's Levelprox Non-Invasive Liquid Level Sensor
- Emerson Rosemount's 2130 Series Level Switch
- Ametek Drexelbrook's Universal IVCM Model Water Cut Monitor
- Arizona Instrument's Computrac Analyzers
- Yokogawa's TDLS220 Measurement Device
- Rotronic's HF8 Transmitter
- E-Instruments International's E8500 Combustion Analyzer
- AutomationDirect's Koyo Medium-Duty Encoders
- Swagelok's Fast Loop Module
- All products »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers