Wago's Removable Storage and PLCsPLCs have long been used for data collection. However, while the PLC may be good at collecting data, sharing that data with external devices traditionally has been a cumbersome task to varying degrees. Fortunately, removable storage media can help bring flexibility to data collection and recipe storage applications in PLCs. For instance, for data collection, the PLC no longer needs to communicate directly to an external device, but can operate stand-alone, storing data to the removable memory device—only to be retrieved at a later date. This brief white paper discusses techniques for using USB or flash memory devices to achieve this goal. A direct link is at http://tinyurl.com/ybu6las.
- Mettler Toledo's Guide to pH Measurement
- American Sensor Technologies' Pressure Transducer Brochure
- Bimba-Pneumadyne's Full Line Catalog
- Niagara Meters' Illustrated Brochure
- Assured Automation's Actuated Valve eBook
- AutomationDirect's 2012 Catalog
- FCI's ST100 Flare Gas Flowmeter Applications Brochure
- Asahi/America's Thermoplastic Valves and Actuation Catalog
- Pepperl+Fuchs Engineer’s Guide to Interface Technology
- Siemens Industry's Safety Matrix Guide
- All products »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers