Improved safety vortex flowmeterEmerson Process Management introduces a new offering to the vortex flowmeter family, the Rosemount 8800D CriticalProcess Vortex flowmeter, designed to increase plant availability and enhance overall safety. This new flowmeter enhances online vortex sensor maintainability, while providing an added level of safety on critical applications.
The vortex sensor in the Rosemount 8800D vortex flowmeter is isolated from the process, making it possible to maintain the vortex sensor without requiring a process shutdown, greatly increasing process availability. Sensor verification and maintenance can be costly on traditional vortex applications. With traditional vortex flowmeters, users typically need to shutdown or bypass their process in order to verify performance of the vortex sensor.
The CriticalProcess Vortex’s unique ability to insure the vortex sensor is isolated from the process enhances safety by limiting personnel exposure, and maximizes product throughput by eliminating the need to shutdown the process to maintain a vortex sensor. In addition to the ability to maintain the vortex sensor online the Rosemount 8800D Vortex flowmeter has the ability to verify the health of the transmitter by simulating the vortex flow signal. The combination of these two features enables complete verification of the electrical components of the flowmeter while the process is up and running. The Rosemount 8800D CriticalProcess Vortex is the ideal flowmeter solution for processes requiring maximum availability.
- Endress+Hauser's Liquiphant FailSafe FTL8x Point Level Switches
- Turck's Levelprox Non-Invasive Liquid Level Sensor
- Emerson Rosemount's 2130 Series Level Switch
- Ametek Drexelbrook's Universal IVCM Model Water Cut Monitor
- Arizona Instrument's Computrac Analyzers
- Yokogawa's TDLS220 Measurement Device
- Rotronic's HF8 Transmitter
- E-Instruments International's E8500 Combustion Analyzer
- AutomationDirect's Koyo Medium-Duty Encoders
- Swagelok's Fast Loop Module
- All products »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers