Experion R400 simplifies management of open systems
Honeywell has added several major enhancements to its flagship Experion Process Knowledge System (PKS) to help process manufacturers more easily and cost-effectively manage their automation and control systems in the face of constantly evolving technology. Experion R400 includes advancements that lower the cost of open-system ownership, thanks to features such as an extended support life, flexible direct on-process migration paths, virtualization and easier installation and migration.
In addition to these management features, Experion now also offers an integrated turbine control system that allows power generators to improve their plant performance through tighter integration between boilers and turbines. This gives plants better control of their turbines, allowing them to produce energy more efficiently by maximizing demand swings while reducing fuel consumption and production costs.
Additionally, Experion R400 extends the availability of operating systems and key infrastructure components to help prevent them from becoming outdated or obsolete. Plants with older versions of Experion can now upgrade to Experion R400 more easily with extended on-process migration and automatic-install features.
The system also features a new Profibus Gateway that provides redundancy, further improving the reliability of critical process control applications such as intelligent motor control centers and remote critical equipment monitoring.
- Applied Analytics' ePurge X Controller
- Acromag's Optocoupler and Interposing Relay Interface Modules
- AutomationDirect's Tongue Interlock and Cable-Pull Safety Switches
- Endress+Hauser's RA33 Batch Controller
- AutomationDirect's Solo 24-VDC-Powered Controllers
- RC Systems' ST-72 Controller
- Russelectric's On-Site, Power Control Systems
- Honeywell's UDC3200 Universal Controller
- Advantech's Adam-4022T Dual-Loop PID Controller
- Advantech's Direct Digital Controller - BAS-3500BC
- All products »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers