Mobile asset management
Field Advisor, the newest addition to Honeywell's family of mobile productivity solutions helps plants reduce costly emergency work and unplanned shutdowns by allowing mobile operators to more easily rectify problems in the field before they escalate and result in equipment failure. The technology improves overall plant reliability by recording critical asset data and ensuring it falls within safe operating limits. If the equipment is operating outside the plant's set limits, Field Advisor then guides the operator through the necessary steps to correct the problem.
The Field Advisor software is used in conjunction with Honeywell’s OneWireless mesh network, as well as the company's Dolphin mobile computer devices. The solution allows the field worker to easily download specific tasks and instructions and then upload results for easy reporting after the tasks are completed. This allows the field operators to adhere to best practices when conducting their rounds. It also helps plant maintenance, operations and reliability teams share information between them more quickly, supervisors plan shift workloads more effectively, and allows new operators to be trained at a faster pace.
- Phoenix Contact's FL WLAN 5101 Wireless Radio
- Belden's GarrettCom Magnum 10RX Router
- Renesas Electronics' R-IN32M3 Series
- Altima's IP Core for CC-Link IE Field
- P-Tech's P-EASY Industrial Data Transmission Radio
- SEL's Wireless Serial Adapters
- Hilscher's NetJack Network Interface Modules
- Freewave Technologies' Hybrid Wireless Bridge
- Banner Engineering's SureCross Q45 Wireless Remote Device
- Banner Engineering's SureCross B2Q Gateway Module
- All products »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers