Space-saving digital output moduleSiemens Industry, Inc. has introduced the new space-saving Simatic SM 326 F-DO 10 failsafe digital output module. Designed to interface with Siemens ET200M modular I/O stations and S7-300 and S7-400 safety-rated controllers, the new 24V/2A output module is only 40mm wide -- half the width of previous models.
The module improves system availability and eliminates nuisance-tripping with a "hold last value option" and by isolating faults to individual channels.
Enhanced diagnostic capabilities make the SM 326- FDO 10 well-suited for all safety applications. The module's diagnostic capabilities have been extended to include both de-energized and energized to trip functions, which make it a cost-effective option for applications following fire and gas standards EN54 and NFPA72.
Designed for operator convenience, the module has the flexibility to support multiple types of I/O while still achieving up to a SIL 3 rating, even in mixed (standard and safety) configurations.
The SM 326-FDO 10 features 10 outputs, isolated in groups of five. Each module has an output current of 2A per channel and a rated-load voltage of 24V DC. With built-in protection against short-circuit and overload, the module is suitable for magnetic valves, DC contactors and pilot lamp applications.
- Invensys' Foxboro PAC System
- Measurement Computing's USB-1608FS-Plus USB DAQ Device
- Exair's USB Data Logger for Flowmeters
- National Instruments' CompactDAQ Platform
- Omega's OM-CP-State101A Data Logger
- Omega's Precision RTD Temperature Data Logger
- Pepperl+Fuchs' CVM42H CANopen Absolute Encoders
- CAS Dataloggers' Series 3 DataTaker Data-Logging Systems
- DataForth's MAQ20 Industrial Data Acquisition and Control System
- Honeywell's X-series Paperless Recorders
- All products »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers