OptoEMU Sensor by Opto 22
Opto 22 introduces the OptoEMU Sensor-the first component of Opto 22's packaged, networkable OptoEMU system-which lets small- to medium-sized commercial and industrial customers gather energy consumption data from their facilities' electrical panels, metering devices, and other equipment. The OptoEMU Sensor provides easy-to-implement communications interfaces and data integration capabilities to deliver the acquired energy data to enterprise business systems so it can be viewed, archived and used to develop effective energy management strategies that reduce costs. Designed for maintenance engineers, plant managers, business owners, energy consultants, and others looking for ways to better understand and reduce their facility's energy consumption, the OptoEMU system comprises two hardware components-the OptoEMU Sensor and the upcoming OptoEMU Server.
The sensor provides three types of monitoring interfaces.
- It can directly connect to and measure the electrical loads of both individual power panels and subpanels.
- It provides connectivity to existing monitoring devices and instrumentation by using its serial and Ethernet interfaces to monitor and communicate via Modbus and BACnet protocols.
- Finally, the sensor can monitor and accept pulses from utility meters and other sub-metering devices.
With the OptoEMU sensor customers are able to deploy additional sensors at any time, or expand their capabilities to gain equipment management and control functions by adding additional off-the-shelf components. The OptoEMU sensor is compatibale with communications technologies, such as analog, digital, and serial signal processing, Ethernet, wireless LAN, and Internet network connectivity.
- EMX LEX-1000 Color Light Measurement Sensor Works for a Wide Variety of Light Sources
- AutomationDirect Ultrasonic Sensors Available with Discrete or Analog Outputs
- Ametek Crystal Engineering T-975-CPF Pneumatic Hand Pump Generates Pressure and Vacuum
- American Sensor Technologies Model AST46PT Exposion-Proof Pressure/Temperature Transmitter Offers Precision Measurements
- Yokogawa DPharp EJA Transmitters Features 90 ms. Response Time
- UEC One Series Smart Transmitter-Switch Monitors Gage and Differential Pressure
- Turck PT4500 and PT4510 Submersible Pressure Transmitters are Optimized for Challenging Environments
- Tel-Tru Model P611 Pressure Transmitter Maximizes Cycle Life In Pressure Spikes
- Swagelok IPT Series Suitable for Surface and Subsea Installation
- SOR 805QS Pressure Switch/Transmitter is Ideal for Hazardous Locations
- All products »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers