Yokogawa's ROTAMASS Series of Coriolis Flowmeters
Yokogawa plans to release its patent pending solution for Advanced Net Oil and Real Time Gas Void Fraction measurement for use in upstream oil and gas. This solution can do both measurements in the same device, seamlessly switching between oil/water measurements and oil/gas measurements. This will ensure a repeatable and accurate net oil measurement.
- Advanced net oil/water cut measurement: Yokogawa's Net Oil measurement delivers real-time values of oil from the separator by utilizing precise mass flow and density measurements from the ROTAMASS. The oil/water ratios are determined by combining internal algorithms with API oil density curves and the well's unique produced water properties.
- Real Time Gas Void Fraction: When the measured density is lower than the known density value for the oil at the specific operating temperature, the internal algorithms generate an operating density based on API density calculations, allowing for a corrected volumetric flow, negating the volume error generated by the gas.
- Further, the ROTAMASS is the only flow meter that yields continuous water cut measurement and gas void fraction measurement, switching seamlessly in the same meter.
- In addition to the standard ROTAMASS Coriolis outputs (mass, volume, density, temperature), the following information can be provided by the unit:
• Total net oil values
• API barrels correct to 60F
• Water cut values
• Gas void fraction value
• Total gross volume (oil)
• Total mass (oil)
- Available in MODBUS communication for easy integration into already existing control, PLC, SCADA systems.