Voices: FDT Connections
Most installed measurement instrumentation provided by the 4-20mA signal is "smart," according to industry estimates. But in order to maximize your investment in smart measurement devices, better manage your operations and lower your operating costs, intelligent information in those devices should be available to operators and managers. Because without a better view of the diagnostic condition and status of your devices, management has limited ability to take action that can have significant, positive impact on your bottom line.Read More
More from this voice
- Mar 28, 2014This Article Introduces FieldMate and Device DTM Compliance With the FDT 2.0 Standard and Benefits Associated With New Standard
- Jan 14, 2014Whenever You See the "Check Engine" Light is On in a Measurement Device, Don't Grab Your Hard Hat, Handheld and Tool Belt. Just Change the View
- Jan 14, 2014The Frame Application is a software application that enables a graphical interface or 'view' used to configure, maintain and diagnose intelligent measurement devices from different leading suppliers. A Frame functions as a "window" or "view" that displays device parameters and information by way of an installed DTM provided by the device supplier. This combination provides a simple, clear and easy-to-understand device management environment that can change your view of the device by indicating diagnostic warnings of potential problems which may help you reduce maintenance and operation costs.
- Dec 11, 2013Frame Application FieldMate and NE 107-Compliant Device DTMs Enable Diagnostic Tunneling and Alarm Management
- Aug 29, 2013Why Integrate Smart Device Information?
- Mar 4, 2013FDT can Improve One of the Largest Time-Consuming Job Functions for Maintenance Engineers--Device Configuration Mistakes. Learn How
- Jan 14, 2013Learn How FDT Technology Is Used to Integrate an YTA Yokogawa Wireless Temperature Transmitter Based on ISA100 Wireless Technology
- Sep 18, 2012What Is FDT Certification Testing? Find Out
- Aug 23, 2012This Article Outlines the Steps Required to Add an Adapter and to Configure It to Join the Wireless Networking Using a Device Type Manager (DTM)
- Aug 1, 2012FDT Can Reduce the Start-Up Node Commission Time by Up to 80%
- Jun 28, 2012Integrated Asset Management Tools Can Help You Operate and Maintain Processes
- Jun 4, 2012We Need a New Way to Interface With Field Devices That Increases Productivity, Reduces Training Needs, and Reduces Human Error
- May 3, 2012The THLink Network Adapter Himstedt Provides Visibility to Not Only Network Health, But Also Gives Operators the Ability to Troubleshoot Device Alarms from the Control Room
- Mar 14, 2012With FDT You Can Reduce Downtime, Engineering Costs, Improve Data Accuracy, Monitor Field Devices Across Multiple Protocols and Set Up Vendor's Devices Using One Software Environment
- Aug 15, 2011See How FDT Provides the "Enabling" Features for Process Automation the Same Way the "App" Does for "Smart Phones"
- May 17, 2011It Is Getting Hard to Differentiate the Cell Phones From Our Computers!
- Apr 15, 2010End Users, Engineering Firms and System Integrators Had a Tough Time Deciding Whether to Standardize on EDDL or FDT. The Don't Anymore. Here's Why
- Feb 8, 2010FDT Is Now An Internationally Recognized Standard in the Form of IEC 62453. What Is Next on the "To Do" List for the FDT Group?
- Nov 17, 2009End Users Benefit from Trend in Increased Visibility of Diagnostic Information
- Oct 20, 2009Users Embrace Advancements to Installation and Commissioning Practices with FDT Technology
- Sep 9, 2009Costs and Resources Associated with Familiarization, Training and Re-Training of Engineers or Maintenance Personnel Has Risen Disproportionately Higher Compared to the Facility Size and Device Count
WIB Evaluates Smart Device Integration Technologies for Asset Management Using Foundation Fieldbus TechnologyAug 7, 2009FDT and EDDL, Have Been Standardized to Manage Data Flow from the Device to the Hosting Application
- Jul 9, 2009FDT Technology Gains International Standard Approval
- Jun 22, 2009End Users Request A Technology that Provides One Software Tool, Integrating Device Assets
- May 7, 2009Whats the Scoop on DTMs?
- Apr 29, 2009FDT Technology Standardizes the Communication Interface between Field Devices and Systems
- Apr 28, 2009The FDT2.0 Project Will Incorporate Increasing Device Capabilities with Latest Advances in Technology
- Apr 2, 2009DTMs and the FDT Frame, How Do They Work?
- Mar 9, 2009Implementing Best-in-Class Devices for Control and Monitoring Applications