Rich Merritt By Rich Merritt, Senior Technical Editor[http://www.controlglobal.com/contact_us/rmerritt.html]Read More
More from this voice
1-20 of 14 < | | | >
- Jun 7, 2006Handheld technology is growing by leaps and bounds as control engineers and operators learn they can use the wireless devices. Problem is, few vendors have taken handhelds beyond simple applications.
- May 8, 2006Whether you believe in global warming, the Kyoto Protocol or hugging trees, building nuclear power plants will create thousands of jobs for control engineers, operators and technicians.
- Apr 17, 2006CONTROL Senior Tech Editor Rich Merritt has found a way to solve global warming, our dependence on foreign oil, and the loss of our jobs: Turn the problems over to the NCMS.
- Mar 20, 2006After spending a little time on the Dark Side, Senior Tech Editor Rich Merritt learned that if a company wants to succeed, it has to care about subordinates, make the tough decisions, and share the wealth.
- Feb 7, 2006Senior Tech Editor Rich Merritt comments on the hoax being foisted upon us by tree-huggers with some enlightened research that completely debunks the junk science surrounding global warming.
- Jan 16, 2006Senior Tech Editor Rich Merritt surmises that when Microsoft Factory software arrives in the not-too-distant future, the cost of asset management will drop to the point where everybody can afford it.
- Dec 13, 2005Getting into your control system requires skill, but it's not beyond the ability of a professional hacker who is being paid to get into your system undetected.
- Sep 28, 2005In process control, our heroes are few and far between, yet opportunities abound for engineering heroism. Just apply what you know to a field that needs it and maybe the world will finally appreciate you.
- Sep 19, 2005Senior Tech Editor Rich Merritt observes that having embedded processors in everything from sensors to control valves can make maintenance dicey when it comes to fixing things around the house.
- Jul 25, 2005The new technology and techniques inherent in the use of todays fieldbus systems, servers, smart valves and embedded controllers, is affecting our careers, our plants, and our jobs.
- Jul 12, 2005CONTROL Senior Technical Editor Rich Merritt adds to his growing collection of writing awards and takes time out to give credit to control engineers who make it possible.
- Jun 1, 2005If you approve invoices and plans from subcontractors that do work you wish you could be doing, then most likely, you are becoming more of a B-Ship paper-pusher than an engineer.
- May 10, 2005As the maintenance crisis continues to brew, process control vendors are stepping on the marketing toes of the traditional maintenance suppliers, whereas they should be stepping up to save the day.
- Feb 15, 2005You think process engineers are in the forefront of automation? Senior Tech Editor Rich Merritt says that when it comes to improving process efficiency, you ain't seen nothin' 'til you been down on the farm!
1-20 of 14 < | | | >