Voices: Security Focus
Robert Lee By Robert M. Lee[mailto:email@example.com], Cyberspace Officer, USAFRead More
More From This Voice
- Aug 1, 2011ICS Security Is a Lifecycle Process that Begins With Conceptual Design of a System and Continues Through to Its Retirement
- Jun 6, 2011It Takes a Team of Experts in IT Security, Telecom, Networking, ICS and More to Understand Cyber Security
- Apr 4, 2011A Key Expectation from Industry Is for Actionable Cyber-Threat Information from the Federal Government
- Jan 4, 2008If the Single Firewall is not Secure Enough for Control Systems, What Security Model Is?
- Jun 13, 2007Dan McDougall of Shell Exploration and Production speaks about the companys drive to ensure security of its global assets at the Honeywell User Group Americas 2007 Symposium in Phoenix.
- Jun 13, 2007Control system security expert Eric Byres presents defense-in-depth strategies for process control systems to some 150 attendees at the Honeywell Users' Group Americas 2007 Symposium in Phoenix.
- Mar 14, 2007Here are excerpts from the February 2007 issue of Andrew Bonds Industrial Automation Insider, a monthly newsletter covering the important industrial automation news and issues as seen from the U.K.
- Nov 17, 2006Idaho National Laboratory and the New York State Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure have teamed up with utilities and makers of distributed control system software to offer advice on how to make system security a major part of the critical infrastructure.
- Sep 5, 2006The Fall Issue of Industrial Networking magazine features a cover story that discusses ways process control engineers can protect against potentially destructive attacks on vulnerable networks.
- Aug 7, 2006Security researchers at Wurldtech Analytics are partnering with ISA to establish procedures and an operations model for the security testing and certification of products used for control.
- Mar 14, 2006Joe Weiss and Jay Abshier, world class security consultants for process automation, write about the battle between the world of IT and Plant Operations. So, whos right in the fight for control system security?
- Jan 10, 2006The backgrounds of intruders may be a mystery, but the backgrounds of people regularly on your site shouldn't be. How carefully does your company check the references of people at your plant?
- Jan 10, 2006A determined hacker can wreak havoc with your plant or steal your secrets without blinking an eye. But don't leave it to the folks in the IT Department to protect your control systems. Read why.
- Jan 10, 2006Just thinking about the possible threats out there today can give you sleepless nights. Heres a calm look at principles, approaches and practical tools you can use to increase security at your facility.
- Jan 10, 2006By being aware of the red flags, process plant personnel can enhance the potential for preventing security breaches in their industrial control systems.
- Jan 10, 2006Plant safety and security has never been more important given the current political climate. Here are some web resources for a coordinated, plant-wide response to madness and mayhem.
- Jan 10, 2006There is no one-size-fits-all solution for business resumption following a negative event. However, ASSE offers this safety and security checklist to assist you before, during and after a disaster.
- Nov 4, 2005SecureSystems Insider probes the latest system advances designed to safely control and securely your critical SCADA control systems. The following are the Top Five White Paper downloads from the SSI monthly E-newsletters.
- Nov 1, 2005SecureSystems Insider probes the latest system advances designed to safely control and secure your critical SCADA control systems.
- Oct 11, 2005It seems that whenever IT meets real-time control systems, trouble usually erupts, but this article shows that while industrial cyber security is complex, there are ways to keep your plant assets protected.
- Oct 11, 2005KEMA Consultant Jay Abshier takes an unbiased and highly detailed look at where plant security really is, and what is being done to better protect our process automation systems and infrastructure.
- Sep 13, 2005This article addresses the compliance cost of NERC attack prevention standards in the electric power distribution industry and just how little work gets done in a typical plant when the network is down.
- Aug 9, 2005SecureSystems Insider Contributor Dale Peterson disucusses current SCADA security deficiencies within the process control community and how we need to find compensating security controls until secure systems are available.
- Jul 13, 2005ControlGlobal.com contributor Dale Peterson offers his review of the AGA 12 standard, a serial link encryption and authentication protocol for SCADA field communications.
- Jul 13, 2005Security experts warn it wouldnt be hard for a cyberpunk or terrorist to hack into a monitoring and control SCADA system and wreak havoc on a good portion of the U.S. (First of three parts.)