Voices: Tales From the Front
Other VoicesRead More
More from this voice
1-9 of 9 < | | | >
- Apr 1, 2007Dick Morley, creator of the modern PLC, provides wit and accumulated wisdom to how a simple understanding of technology and marketing can supply the core for a successful new product.
- Feb 1, 2007New detection software programs that generate relevant text on a given subject are getting better at identifying existing content, but a casual reading shows most of what they reveal has no meaning.
- Nov 1, 2006CONTROL columnist Bela Liptak describes the distillation process and PID-based controls, reviews optimization strategies, and shows how advanced controls can cut operating costs of distillation.
- Jun 7, 2006The coming together of nanotechnology, biology and medicine, information sciences, and cognitive sciences should give traditional automation and control devices new performance and capabilities.
- Apr 7, 2006As our society moves towards a more regulated work environment, choosing between the cubicle life or being self-employed has become more difficult. CONTROL contributor, Dick Morley, provides informal tips.
- Feb 10, 2006Famous futurist and 2005 ISA Rimbach Lecturer, Jeff Harrow, contributes to the discussion of the future of process automation and how todays PLCs will eventually feel like the TTL logic chips of older days.
- Oct 10, 2005Can companies and technologies adapt to change in a positive manner? CONTROL Contributor Dick Morley says yes and believes that with some occupational therapy, you can survive!
- Jul 27, 2005Other Voices contributor Scott Little provides a clear example on the importance of good communication and why a concisely written description of operation is a good idea.
- Jun 14, 2005This "special to the web" edition of Tales From the Front offers concrete suggestions on how the industry can help create true economic profit, while at the same time increase its knowledge base.
1-9 of 9 < | | | >