OPC UA: An End-Users Perspective
OPC UA (Unified Architecture) represents the OPC Foundations most recent set of specifications for Process Control and Automation system interconnectivity. This paper explains OPC UA from the perspective of the organization that will benefit from the connectivity, in other words: the End User.
The challenge for companies implementing OPC UA is to ensure their data is secure from unauthorized access.
This whitepaper discusses the following:
- OPC Overview
- OPC communication with DCOM
- OPC via Web Services
- Object Oriented Data Model
- Improving Existing OPC Specifications
- Backwards Compatibility and Tunneling
- OPC at the Enterprise level
Author: OPC Training Institute | File Type: PDF
Find more white papers on Control Platforms