Control system security: Understanding and use of current skills and technologies
- View security from both management and technical perspectives
- Ensure security is addressed from both an IT and control system perspective
- Design and develop multiple layers of network, system and application security
- Ensure industry, regulatory and international standards are taken into account
- Prevention is critical in plant control systems, supported by detection
The first stage in building a solid defense against unwanted intrusion into business network and process control systems is to develop a security policy statement and then define the requirements to implement a secure process environment. Once security goals are clear, a detailed plan can be developed to the customer's needs.
Developing a prevention approach to plant control systems will require a new approach to network security between the plant network layer and business/external systems. This White Paper addresses the key network/topology areas for architecting plant and business network systems.
Click the Download Now button below to view a pdf version of this document.