The International Society of Automation has announced its new Fellows for this year. This designation is granted to senior ISA members in recognition of their exceptional engineering and scientific contributions to the field of automation.
Presentations will be made at the 53rd Annual ISA Honors and Awards event Oct. 11 at the Louisville Marriott Downtown in Louisville, Kentucky. The ISA Fellows for 2015 are:
• David Emerson, Yokagawa Corp. of America, for developing Business to Manufacturing Markup Language (BMML) and Batch Markup Language (BML).
• William Fitzgerald, Emerson Process Management's Fisher Controls, for pioneering the theory and practical application for diagnostic testing of air-operated control valve assemblies.
• Eric Rotvold, Emerson Process Management's Rosemount division, for leading the development of industrial wireless sensor network standards and product implementations.
• Michael Scott, aeSolutions, for exceptional contributions to the advancement of the process safety lifecycle concepts and their sustainable application to the process industry.
• Tony Waters, Analyzer Consulting Engineers LLC, for leading-edge development of process gas chromatograph column systems and improved designs of analyzer house and sampling system assemblies.