ABB Field Information Manager (FIM) is the first device management tool to fully embrace the Field Device Integration (FDI) Common Host Components. It is the first FDI-based software for device management and makes the configuration, commissioning, diagnostics and maintenance of fieldbus instruments easier and quicker than ever before. FIM is equipped with a high-performance and innovative graphical user interface that helps technicians to more effectively work with process instrumentation.
ABB is currently offering a free trial of its "Device Window Edition" of the FIM software. Key features are:
- Interoperability based on FDI Common Host components
- ABB device packages pre-loaded
- Generic HART device package for all HART devices
- Option to import DD/EDD files, in case device packages are not suitable
- New concepts for ease of use and navigation with touch support
- Standalone tool for point-to-point online communication with one HART Device
- Upgradable later for multiple devices
To obtain a free trial, visit the ABB website.