Automation, Teamwork Pay Off to Improve Efficiency of Chlorine Dioxide Generation at Weyerhauser's Flint River Cellulose Fiber Plant
PC-based Controls Provide DCS Capabilities, But They Can Also be Implemented and Reconfigured More Easily than Dedicated, Hardwired, Less Software-Based Systems
McMillan and Weiner Talk About Need for Engineers to Improve Their Marketability, Establish Their Brand
Standards, IT Technology, Cloud-Based Solutions, Advanced Analytics Work Together to Improve Operations
Significant Percentage of Measurement Devices Aren't Correctly Matched to Their Application at Process Plants
- Automation and the Progress of the Self-Driving Automobile
- Wireless Has Altered the Industrial Network Landscape
- July's Out of Control Caption Contest
- Operators, Engineers Collaborate to Boost Efficiency at Cellulose Fiber Plant
- ABB Adds New Capabilities to Company's Enterprise Software Portfolio
- Brochure Reviews ABB products for Oil and Gas Well Pad Operations
- PAS, Alstom Partner to Deliver New Software for Improved Plant Safety and Reliability
- Pentair Technical Solutions Launches New Website
- Beginner's Guide to Differential Pressure Level Transmitters
- RSTechED 2014 Live Coverage
- Controllers: Direct vs. Reverse-Acting Control
- ABB Automation & Power World 2012 - Live Coverage
- PID loop tuning tips pocket guide
- Field Instrumentation Technical Handbook
- Control Valve Handbook, 4th Edition
- Safety & Automation System (SAS) - How the Safety and the Automation Systems Finally Come Together as an HMI
BYOD security issues raise important questions core to cyber security.read more
Here we look at how to make sure the measurement system is able to provide the analysis, metrics, and control needed for process control improvement. Also outlined is the opportunity sizing and assessment process, the use of statistical tools, the tracking down of the source of variability, and the finding of more optimum setpoints.read more
For the first time, we are having a formal call for presentations for the 2014 ICS Cyber Security Conference - www.icscybersecurityconference.com. The call for presentations can be found at http://www.marketwatch.com/story/2014-ics-cyber-security-conference-call-for-papers-now-open-2014-07-10.read more
It has been a busy summer. For the last couple of months I have had the pleasure of pretending to be a venture capitalist. Earlier this year I joined a local organization called the IT Entrepreneurs Network (ITEN) as a mentor. This is a local organization that exists to help startups in the local area move from the concept stage to securing funding for their business. I am in St. Louis, not silicon valley of the MIT corridor or the Pacific Northwest, and access to resources such as venture capitalists, advisors, and programming skills is not as easy as it is in those locations, hence the need for a networking forum for would-be innovators. One of the mentor roles is serving on a panel of mock angel investors. We meet with and critique the pitches from startups as they present their business plans to us as though we were potential investors. This has given me some new insight into the innovative process.read more
Gaining an understanding of the changes in the rapidly evolving industrial wireless sector will be valuable to not only manufacturers but also end users and engineering companies to help determine longer term planning. This annual survey from WINA is a valuable tool to assist in gathering this information.read more
Have a pressing question? Save yourself the hefty consulting fees by getting the answers to your questions here.
Recent Job Postings
Valuable Career Resources
Put your anonymous Career Profile up today and employers will begin pitching you job opportunities.
Your personal Job Alerts notify you by email of new jobs posted that match your search preferences.
Browse our content library, enlist the help of a trained career coach or simply ask an expert for career advice.