Meet Us at the Corners Because Innovation Happens at Intersections
SIS Committees Don't Like Plain English. Their work is Peppered with High-Tech Buzzwords, Abbreviations and Acronyms That Make These Documents Harder to Read and Hence Less Valuable
The Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI) Has Filed a Rulemaking Proposal with the NRC to Reduce the Number of Systems and Components to Assess for Cybersecurity. Given That Nuclear Plants Are Such High Value Targets and There Are so Many Current Malware Attacks Against Control systems, This Doesn't Make Any Sense
- End-User Safety Forum: Top Manufacturers Find that Safety Pays for Itself
- Mining, Minerals & Cement Forum: A Rich Vein of Automation Innovation
- How to Implement The Connected Enterprise
- Global OEM Forum: User-Centric Design Improves Operator Efficiency
- Stührenberg to Take Reins at Phoenix Contact
- ABB Doubles Down in Oklahoma
- GE Looks to the Future and Sees a Cloud
- ARC Names ABB Global Market Leader in DCS for 2013
- In a Crisis, Are Machines Better than Humans?
- Controller Action and Positioner Rules
- 2014 Readers' Choice Awards - Goal!
- Tuning cascade loops
- Field Instrumentation Technical Handbook
- Future Trends for Instrumentation in Hazardous Areas
- Integrating Shop-Floor Systems with SAP R/3 PP and PP-PI Modules Some Recent Project Experience
What comes at you too fast? How do people know you are a process control engineer? What is more disturbing than talk shows? Is a flea market indicative of a project behind schedule? These and other questions you have not asked will be answered.read more
The Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI) has filed a rulemaking proposal with the NRC to REDUCE the number of systems and components to assess for cyber security. Given that nuclear plants are such high value targets and there are so many current malware attacks against control systems, this doesn't make any sense.read more
It has been a busy summer. For the last couple of months I have had the pleasure of pretending to be a venture capitalist. Earlier this year I joined a local organization called the IT Entrepreneurs Network (ITEN) as a mentor. This is a local organization that exists to help startups in the local area move from the concept stage to securing funding for their business. I am in St. Louis, not silicon valley of the MIT corridor or the Pacific Northwest, and access to resources such as venture capitalists, advisors, and programming skills is not as easy as it is in those locations, hence the need for a networking forum for would-be innovators. One of the mentor roles is serving on a panel of mock angel investors. We meet with and critique the pitches from startups as they present their business plans to us as though we were potential investors. This has given me some new insight into the innovative process.read more
Innovative HART communications specialty company ProComSol announced earlier this month that they now have an Android based application that when combined with their Bluetooth modem allows any Android Ice Cream Sandwich based system to be used as a handheld communicator for any HART 7 or earlier device.read more
Have a pressing question? Save yourself the hefty consulting fees by getting the answers to your questions here.
Recent Job Postings
Valuable Career Resources
Put your anonymous Career Profile up today and employers will begin pitching you job opportunities.
Your personal Job Alerts notify you by email of new jobs posted that match your search preferences.
Browse our content library, enlist the help of a trained career coach or simply ask an expert for career advice.