Rigorous Models, Complete with Equipment Limitations and Emissions Constraints, Help Users Optimize Energy Costs
How the Internet of Everything (IoE) Closes the Gaps Between Systems and People
From Pervasive Sensing to the Cloud, Change Is Coming Quickly
Politico Had an Article, "U.S. Grid Safe from Large-Scale Attack, Experts Say." Enclosed Is A Quick Summary of Why Cybersecurity Expert Joe Weiss Disagrees
- STEM Efforts in Community Colleges Pay Off
- How to Get the Most Out of Your PID by Better Tuning
- Industrial Ethernet for the Price of COTS
- Quickly Test Load Cell Systems
- GIL Automation, First Company in Africa to Reach the CSIA Certified Level
- Are Manufacturers Using Integrated Data Collection and Analysis to Their Benefit?
- Don't Drive Into the Future Looking Into the Rear View Mirror
- Metso Gets Patent
- Beginner's Guide to Differential Pressure Level Transmitters
- Yokogawa Execs Pledge Commitment to Americas
- Controllers: Direct vs. Reverse-Acting Control
- When to Use Wireless in Safety Applications
- When to Use Multi-Function Safety Relays
- How Your Plant Can Lower its Bills Using Power Factor Correction
- PID loop tuning tips pocket guide
- Lambda Tuning -- the Universal Method for PID Controllers in Process Control
Batch processes pose particular challenges for closed-loop control and optimization due to inherent process nonlinearity and non-self-regulation. At the same time there is a greater potential for increasing capacity in batch than in continuous processes. Solutions need to address the interrelationship between yield, capacity, quality, and repeatability. Here are opportunities and techniques for getting the most out of your batch.read more
I will be participating with Palo Alto Networks and an industrial customer on a webinar on network segmentation. The webinar is on September 24th at 11am Pacific and can be found at https://engage.vevent.com/rt/scwc~sept24paloalto?code=PaloAltoA.read more
It has been a busy summer. For the last couple of months I have had the pleasure of pretending to be a venture capitalist. Earlier this year I joined a local organization called the IT Entrepreneurs Network (ITEN) as a mentor. This is a local organization that exists to help startups in the local area move from the concept stage to securing funding for their business. I am in St. Louis, not silicon valley of the MIT corridor or the Pacific Northwest, and access to resources such as venture capitalists, advisors, and programming skills is not as easy as it is in those locations, hence the need for a networking forum for would-be innovators. One of the mentor roles is serving on a panel of mock angel investors. We meet with and critique the pitches from startups as they present their business plans to us as though we were potential investors. This has given me some new insight into the innovative process.read more
The Fieldbus Foundation and HART Communications foundation have now officially merged to form a new organisation to known as FieldComm Group. As no surprise Ted Masters will be president and CEO of FieldComm Group.read more
Have a pressing question? Save yourself the hefty consulting fees by getting the answers to your questions here.
Recent Job Postings
Valuable Career Resources
Put your anonymous Career Profile up today and employers will begin pitching you job opportunities.
Your personal Job Alerts notify you by email of new jobs posted that match your search preferences.
Browse our content library, enlist the help of a trained career coach or simply ask an expert for career advice.