SIS-TECH offers safety instrumented system training online
SIS-TECH Solutions, a provider of safety instrumented system products, training, consultation, and engineering services, is offering its PRISM Certified Training in a series of live, on-line training classes. The training is targeted at technical professionals who have responsibility for assessing, designing, installing, inspecting, testing, operating, and/or maintaining safety instrumented systems (SIS).
Process, process automation, and instrumentation and electrical specialists will learn how to achieve and maintain the core attributes of safe and reliable safety instrumented systems.
The 14 module series is divided into four topic areas designed to provide students with a comprehensive view of the design and management of safety instrumented systems.
- Modules 1-3 Getting Started, provides an overview of the SIS standards, the protective management system, and the grandfather clause.
- Modules 4-6 Hazard and Risk Analysis, covers the hazard and risk assessment process, including establishing risk criteria, understanding the protection layers, and an introduction to layer of protection analysis.
- Modules 7-10 Design and Implementation, addresses the engineering process from the process requirements specification, safety requirements swww.SIS-TECH.com/sis_tech_home.htmlpecification, selection of devices, and software applications.
- Modules 11-14 Metrics and the Operating Basis, introduces failure rate data and verification theory, provides an example of the verification calculation, and covers the long-term operation and maintenance issues related to choices made during design and verification.
Each session begins at 11 a.m. CDST with each module lasting approximately 1½ hours.
- Module 1 June 6th Introduction to SIS standards
- Module 2 June 7th The grandfather clause
- Module 3 June 8th Protective management systems
- Module 4 June 12th Process risk & protection layers
- Module 5 June 13th Establishing H&RA criteria
- Module 6 June 14th Layer of protection analysis
- Module 7 June 19th Process requirements specification
- Module 8 June 20th Safety requirements specification
- Module 9 June 21st Data decisions
- Module 10 June 22nd Selection of devices
- Module 11 June 26th Software specification
- Module 12 June 27th Verification fundamentals
- Module 13 June 28th Example verification
- Module 14 June 29th Operating basis
Students may signup to attend individual modules ($75 per module) or the entire series ($775).
Students who complete the 14 module series and pass the required tests will receive the distinction of being PRISM Certified.
Each class will be taught by Dr. Angela Summers, PE, a world-renowned expert in the implementation of safety instrumented systems. Dr. Summers is a member of the IEC 61511 and 61508 committees, chairs ISAs TR84.02 and TR84.04 committees, is a consultant to NFPA, API, and ASME committees, and has authored AICHE-CCPS books on instrumentation protective systems.
Students who prefer learning in a classroom setting may signup to attend the same series of classes being offered July 18th through July 20th at SIS-Tech s Houston office.
For moreinformation or to register for these training sessions, contact Laurie Fisher at 281/922-8324 x10, or via email at lfisher@SIS-TECH.com.
Learn more about SIS-TECH Solutions.