• To enhance its quality measurement portfolio, Endress+Hauser has acquired SensAction AG, a manufacturer of innovative systems for measuring the concentration of liquids. SensAction's devices measure the concentration of liquids with the help of surface acoustic waves, which are high-frequency sound waves whose behavior can be compared to seismic waves created by earthquakes.
• Schneider Electric and Engie have signed a memorandum of understanding to explore and deploy new digital solutions for operational efficiency of renewable assets, such as wind and solar PV, by leveraging SCADA, historian and related application software powered by Schneider Electric’s Wonderware brand. Asset management, SCADA obsolescence management, remote monitoring and diagnostics, and cybersecurity in a complex ecosystem will also be investigated as part of the agreement.
• To strengthen their cooperative relationship, HIMA Paul Hildebrandt GmbH has signed a global framework agreement with Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH that includes jointly developed H-system termination boards and associated modules from Pepperl+Fuchs, which are connected through preassembled system cables to the connector boards of the HIMax family. The agreement also governs uniform, formal and legal aspects for all companies in the HIMA group, including warranty, liability, obsolescence management and uniform commercial conditions.
Related: more industry expansions and contractions:
• Honeywell Process Solutions and Seeq reported Feb. 14 that they'll collaborate as part of the Honeywell Connected Plant initiative to help process manufacturers leverage data and insights in their operations. This joint development agreement will help customers minimize unplanned shutdowns, maximize output, minimize safety risk and optimize supply chain strategies.
• TEC-Corp., parent company of Thompson Electric Co., reported March 6 that it's acquired the assets of Iowa-based Service Unlimited Inc., an industrial controls and automation company. The acquisition will result in the creation of a new firm, Thompson Automation and Specialty Service.
• Softing Industrial announced March 8 that its echocollect gateway version 7.10 firmware includes publisher functionality for Message Queue Telemetry Transport (MQTT) protocol, making integration of process data from systems and machines to cloud solutions more straightforward and reliable.