The PlantPAx System Estimator from Rockwell Automation guides you through selecting PlantPAx process automation system elements and sizing the system based on the rules and recommendations from PlantPAx characterization. Using this tool can optimize your system’s performance, including systems that include FOUNDATION fieldbus.
The System Estimator offers:
- Flexibility when defining an architecture so the system size follows good design practice, the system can be logically segregated, and the scalable controller portfolio can be leveraged.
- Broad integration and better alignment with the software portfolio so there’s less work to define a complete system and a more accurate bill of materials (BOM).
- An improved sizing model to capture more detailed application information, improving flexibility to better reflect planned execution and align with the architecture review process.
- Improved ease-of-use, application maintainability and alignment with the selection guide.
- The PlantPAx System Estimator is part of the Integrated Architecture Builder (IAB). To access the Process System Estimator, visit: www.rockwellautomation.com/en/e-tools/configuration.html, then select and install Integrated Architecture Builder.
For more information, please visit the Rockwell Automation website.