According to This reader, "Process Control" Does Not Have a Sufficiently Universal Meaning
Size Matters in Enabling the Top 50 Biggest Process Control and Automation Suppliers Worldwide and in North America to Develop New Innovations, Fill Gaps in Their Capabilities, and Thrive Despite Volatile Economic and Accelerating Technical Changes
This Control Technique Can Eliminate the Delays, Limitations, Failures and Expense of Analyzers.
- FieldComm Group Looks to the Future of Fieldbus
- Brain Power for Power Supplies
- Honeywell Responding to Process Industry Needs
- Reader Feedback: What Does "Process Control" Mean Anyway?
- Honeywell's FOUNDATION Fieldbus Solution
- Yokogawa Releases CENTUM VP R6 Integrated Production Control System
- Softing: Easy Interface for FOUNDATION Fieldbus
- Rockwell Device Integration Documents Save Time and Cost with PlantPAx System
- Big Dogs: Control/ARC Automation Top 50
- Beginner's Guide to Differential Pressure Level Transmitters
- Controllers: Direct vs. Reverse-Acting Control
- How to select control valves, Part 2
- Control Valve Handbook, 4th Edition
- Coriolis for the Masses: The Essentials of High-Performance Mass Flow Measurement
- PID loop tuning tips pocket guide
- The Characteristics of PID controllers
- Krohne Inc's Optiwave 5200 C/F
- ABB's VM3D Volumetric Laser Scanner
- Ametek Drexelbrook's DR6300 Series Non-contact Level Meter
When is a controller in automatic not able to do anything to reduce an oscillation? When will a controller amplify an oscillation? In both of these cases, the controller is doing more harm than good by wearing out valves and upsetting other loops. Here we look at how to tell if an oscillation is likely to cause either of these scenarios and what we can do to reduce the detrimental effect on the process.read more
With all of the focus on cyber security one could expect that DHS is doing a credible job in helping to protect our country. In July 2014, DHS made an error by declassifying much of the Idaho National Lab (INL) Aurora documentation from FOUO to Unclassified. DHS stated the documents were thoroughly reviewed for sensitive or classified information prior to their release to ensure that critical infrastructure security would not be compromised. However, several of the pages that were declassified provide a specific hit list of US critical infrastructure and even how to attack them.
It has been a busy summer. For the last couple of months I have had the pleasure of pretending to be a venture capitalist. Earlier this year I joined a local organization called the IT Entrepreneurs Network (ITEN) as a mentor. This is a local organization that exists to help startups in the local area move from the concept stage to securing funding for their business. I am in St. Louis, not silicon valley of the MIT corridor or the Pacific Northwest, and access to resources such as venture capitalists, advisors, and programming skills is not as easy as it is in those locations, hence the need for a networking forum for would-be innovators. One of the mentor roles is serving on a panel of mock angel investors. We meet with and critique the pitches from startups as they present their business plans to us as though we were potential investors. This has given me some new insight into the innovative process.read more
Innovative HART communications specialty company ProComSol announced earlier this month that they now have an Android based application that when combined with their Bluetooth modem allows any Android Ice Cream Sandwich based system to be used as a handheld communicator for any HART 7 or earlier device.read more
"We're gonna need a bigger boat," said the man in the movie. Somebody at Shell Oil must have said the same thing. But at Shell, they’re not just asking for bigger. They're going for "biggest." Under construction now at the Samsung Heavy Industries shipyard on Geoje Island in South Korea, the Prelude when completed will be 105 m tall, 488 m long, 75 m wide and will weigh 600,000 tonnes when fully loaded. It will be the largest ship ever built.read more
Have a pressing question? Save yourself the hefty consulting fees by getting the answers to your questions here.
Recent Job Postings
Valuable Career Resources
Put your anonymous Career Profile up today and employers will begin pitching you job opportunities.
Your personal Job Alerts notify you by email of new jobs posted that match your search preferences.
Browse our content library, enlist the help of a trained career coach or simply ask an expert for career advice.