Don't miss any detail of what's going on at Honeywell Users Group Americas Symposium 2009: Return on Imagination.
If you have a Twitter account, find out more about the event's details by following our Twitter RSS feed.
You can also read all the HUG 2009 tweets by checking our editor's in chief Twitter page:
READ WALT BOYES'S TWEET ALERTS HERE
June 16, 2009
- Having some problems updating the blog-- more HUG coming soon.
June 15, 2009
- Attending HPS press conference-- announcing portfolio of energy management solutions.
- Urso's very long presentation will be summarized on Soundoff blog later today.
- Urso: the Honeywell One platform of solutions from all Honeywell.
- No longer Urso Magnifico, Dr. One entered in a Tardis...Jason Urso, now vp technology of HPS is giving the roadmap...
- Go beyond the plant-- manage data at the enterprise level
- Unifying the automation layers (of the Purdue model)...
- Convergence of IT and process control...
- Converting data to knowledge...
- Wireless as enabler
- Ubiquitous sensors (Dave Kaufman and my "lick-n-stick" sensors) MEMS+smartdust
- Norm Gilsdorf new HPS pres. gives HON vision for automation in the year 2020.
- Honeywell's Virtual CAB www.letstalkprocesscontrol.com
- 4 new CABs including CSI and distributors
- There are 18 CABs with 350 participating customers from 25 countries.
- Mike Carley from Nova Chemicals UAB chair reports on Customer Advisory Boards...
- UIS enhancements -- 220 so far and counting according to Kindervater.
- 16 UIS enhancements in Experion R400 release.
- Tom Kindervater from Marathon is giving the UIS report. Interesting that over 15% req'd upgrades fro aarm mgt
- Frank Whitsura vp gm Honeywell Americas talks about One Honeywell...pushing products from HPS sister companies.