The International Society of Automation (ISA) has announced that leading industry experts, Charlie Cutler, Béla Lipták, Greg McMillan, Russ Rhinehart and Terry Tolliver, will lead a 90-minute general session entitled, "The Present and Future of Automation Worldwide" on Oct. 19, 2011, at ISA Automation Week 2011: Technology and Solutions Event.
ISA Automation Week will take place at the Arthur R. Outlaw Convention Center in Mobile, Ala., on Oct. 17-20, 2011. The general session’s expert participants will share knowledge that is essential for advancing the use of process automation and optimization. Attendees will gain insights on the best existing practices and new possibilities for the use of process automation and optimization for improving individual unit operation performance and overall manufacturing efficiency and capacity.
The following key talks will be covered in the general session:
- How advanced proportional, integral, derivative (PID) features can improve process efficiency and profitability, and increase flexibility, maintainability and operability for sustainable manufacturing.
- What knowledge is essential for advancing the use of process automation and optimization.
- Opportunities for the process control community to establish ties in Saudi Arabia, and potentially position the United States as a resource for help and guidance in Saudi Arabia’s control applications.
- How automation professionals will play a critical role in developing the technology of the future.
- Examples of how process design affects the achievable performance of reactor temperature control, pH control and distillation column control.
Attendees will have the opportunity to ask the general session’s experts questions and exchange ideas to spark innovative solutions.
ISA Automation Week is a technical conference that includes three full days of sessions, including poster sessions; a dedicated technician day; solutions theaters on the exhibit floor, offering standard briefings, author briefings and supplier presentations; networking and social events; and a 75,000-sq ft exhibit floor. Current ISA Automation Week Partners include ARC Advisory Group, Mitsubishi Electric and Schneider Electric. Fluke is ISA's Test and Measurement Strategic Partner, and GE Energy, Honeywell and OSIsoft are ISA’s Corporate Partners.