Top 10 Chemically Engineered Inventions
In a new survey, published by the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE), chemical engineers voted for what they consider to be the most important chemically engineered inventions and solutions of the modern era. From a short list of more than 40 inventions, they voted for the most important chemically engineered solutions over the past century. The 10 inventions considered to have made the biggest impact on society were:
- Drinking or potable water
- Gasoline (and other fuels including diesel)
- Electricity generation (from fossil fuels)
- Electricity generation (from non-fossil fuels)
- Dosed medications (such as tablets, pills and capsules).