AF14 Banner[/automationfair/index.html] Traditional industry thought holds that to implement safety measures necessitates sacrificing productivity. But for experts who spoke this week at the Safety Industry Forum for end-user attendees of Automation Fair in Anaheim, California, this belief is incorrect. "In actuality, our studies show a very strong correlation between safety and manufacturing excellence," said Mark Eitzman, market development manager, safety, Rockwell Automation, during his context-setting presentation. "The majority of manufacturing enterprises still do not have a culture of safety, and unfortunately statistics bear this out. According to the International Labour Organization, every 15 seconds a worker dies from a work-related accident, and over two million people are injured every year," he said. Also providing context for the safety topic at the forum was Chris Brogli, business development manager, safety, Rockwell Automation, while Kerry White, engineering and safety, Michelin Tires, explained how his company implemented safety methods that have slashed worker injuries, boosted productivity and cut unscheduled downtime.Read More
More From This Voice
- Nov 21, 2014The Convergence of Control and Information Requires Smarter Technology
- Nov 19, 2014Direct and Indirect Use of Treated Wastewater Requires Real-Time Quality Assurance
- Nov 18, 2014The Connected Enterprise Leverages Newer Technologies to Boost Productivity
and Profitability, While Mitigating Risk
- Oct 27, 2014Current Industrial Instrumentation Measures More Parameters, More Accurately
- Oct 14, 2014Smart Plants Can Operate More Safely, Reliably and Efficienty
- Oct 14, 2014Advantage of the Non-Incendive Approach
- Oct 10, 2014Implementing This Approach Is Expected to Provide Both Chevron and Emerson Benefits That Will Cut Costs Associated With Over-Specifying Technical and Quality Requirements
- Oct 10, 2014"We Are Strong Believers in Standards Organizations That Provide Open Platforms for Interoperability," Said Emerson
- Oct 9, 2014Emerson's Jon Weidenbaum Explained How Emerson and Santos LNG Collaborated to Boost LNG Production While Reducing Travel to Inhospitable Locations.
- Oct 8, 2014The Electric Solution Lets You Maximize Your Efficiency and Gain Visibility into Your Remote Production Equipment, All While Being Environmentally Compliant
- Oct 7, 2014Do You Know How Many Women With Engineering Degrees Either Leave the Profession or Never Enter the Field?
- Sep 26, 2014Central to the event, Endress+Hauser showcased the new 80,000 square feet, $16 million Customer Center.
- Sep 15, 2014A lack of imagination on the part of industry continues to keep the future a surprise, so it's important that companies actively prepare for it.
- Sep 15, 2014Factors Other Than Salary and Perks Motivate Our Readers to Come to Work Daily and Do Their Best