Last week, Schneider Electric had an important press event that revealed several major initiatives around sustainability in power, water, building automation and even home automation. Each of these initiatives is interesting and considerable by themselves. It is the number of them that amazes me.
Schneider Electric Xperience Efficiency News Digest:
- Schneider Electric launched its EcoStruxure™ Alliances Program for global strategic alliance partners and EcoStruxure Technology Partner Program for technology partnerships. The collaboration enables Schneider Electric to collaborate with leading companies to deliver on the promise of energy efficiency.
- Schneider Electric has entered into a joint venture agreement with the National Technical Information Service (NTIS), the largest central resource for government-funded information, to offer energy monitoring and related services, energy consulting, energy audits, and turnkey energy projects to the U.S. Government agencies.
- Schneider Electric launched its Building Analytics offer, which helps building owners and facility managers turn building data into actionable intelligence by using advanced algorithms and cloud-based capabilities to continuously monitor and analyze real-time data and historical trending from building sensors, control systems and utility meters.
- Schneider Electric was recognized by the U.S. Department of Energy for its outstanding performance in the Better Buildings Challenge, a program launched by President Obama in 2011 to reduce energy use in buildings across the U.S. Schneider Electric’s energy intensity was reduced by 15.6 percent over three years, easily beating the DOE goal of 7.5 percent.
- Schneider Electric launches innovative StruxureWare for Water offer, a unique application of StruxureWare software that gives full visibility into energy use and operations across the water cycle. Allows water managers to gather various data points about how energy is being used to move and manage water across a broad geographic area, and then turns that data into actionable insights to help managers use energy and water more effectively.
- Schneider Electric has partnered with Alarm.com, the leader in interactive security and connected home services, to bring Schneider Electric’s Wiser home management system to a broader audience of home builders, contractors, utilities and other service providers in the energy efficiency space.
- Energy University surpassed 350,000 users of Schneider Electric’s signature industry education initiative, which has provided energy efficiency courses to professionals in 165 countries and 12 languages since 2006. More than 500,000 courses have been taken since the inception of Energy University and the program features more than 20 global industry association endorsements.