Bentley Systems Inc. unveiled Aug. 30 the finalists of its 2023 Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure. These annual awards program honors the work of Bentley software users advancing infrastructure design, construction, and operations throughout the world. Twelve independent jury panels, representing 12 award categories, selected the 36 finalists from over 300 nominations submitted by 235 organizations from 51 countries.
Representatives from the finalists’ organizations will present their projects to a panel of independent judges to determine the winners, and meet with global press and industry executives at the 2023 Year in Infrastructure and Going Digital Awards event on Oct. 11-12 at the Marina Bay Sands hotel in Singapore. To learn how these infrastructure projects use digital advances to achieve unprecedented outcomes, or to register to view live or on-demand video of the event’s presentations, visit the awards’ website here.
“We’re excited to be back in Singapore to present the Going Digital Awards finalists in-person and to those virtually attending the 2023 Year in Infrastructure event,” says Chris Bradshaw, Bentley’s chief marketing officer. “These projects reflect how organizations improved their workflows by embracing digital technologies to maximize efficiency and cost savings. I congratulate the finalists for advancing infrastructure intelligence by adopting Bentley Infrastructure Cloud, iTwin Platform and products, and Bentley Open Applications, and I wish them success on their future projects.”
The categories and finalists in the 2023 Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure are:
Bridges and tunnels
• China Railway Changjiang Transportation Design Group Co., Ltd., Road & Bridge International Co., Ltd., and Chongqing Expressway Group Co., Ltd.—Comprehensive application of BIM-based digital and intelligent design and construction for the Liaozi Grand bridge in Chongqing City, China
• Collins Engineers Inc.—Digital twins and artificial intelligence for historic Robert St. bridge rehabilitation in St. Paul, Minn.
• WSP Australia Pty., Ltd.—Southern program alliance for Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
• Dura Vermeer Infra Landelijke Projecten, Mobilis, Gemeente Amsterdam—Bruggen en Straten Oranje Loper in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
• Laing O’Rourke—New Everton stadium project in Liverpool, Merseyside, U.K.
• Laing O’Rourke—SEPA Surrey Hills level crossing removal project in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
• Arcadis—RSAS–Carstairs in Glasgow, Scotland, U.K.
• Mott MacDonald—Standardizing delivery of phosphorus removal schemes for the U.K. water industry in the U.K.
• Phocaz Inc.—CAD assets to GIS–a Clip update in Atlanta, Ga.
Facilities, campuses, and cities
• Clarion Housing Group—Twins: creating a golden thread across digital estates in London, U.K.
• Port Authority of New South Wale—A case study in digital transformation in New South Wales, Australia
• vrame Consult GmbH—Siemensstadt Square, a digital campus twin in Berlin, Germany
Process and power generation
• MCC Capital Engineering & Research Inc., Ltd.—Green and digital plant construction project for Linyi 2.7 million tons of high-quality special steel base in Linyi, Shandong, China
• Shanghai Investigation, Design & Research Institute Co., Ltd.—Digital asset management of hydropower projects based on digital twins in Liangshan, Yibin and Zhaotong, Sichuan and Yunnan, China
• Shenyang Aluminum & Magnesium Engineering & Research Institute Co., Ltd.—Digital twin application project of electrolytic aluminum engineering of Chinalco China Resources in Lvliang, Shanxi, China
Rail and transit
• Aecom Perunding Sdn. Bhd.—Johor Bahru–Singapore rapid transit system link in Malaysia and Singapore
• Idom—Value engineering stage for detailed design and supervision of the Rail Baltica project in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania
• Italferr S.p.A.—New high-speed line for Salerno, Reggio Calabria and Battipaglia, Campania, Italy
Roads and highways
• Atkins—I-70 Floyd Hill to Veterans Memorial tunnels project, in Idaho Springs, Colo.
• Hunan Provincial Communications Planning, Survey & Design Institute Co., Ltd.—Hengyang-Yongzhou Expressway in Hunan Province, Hengyang and Yongzhou, Hunan, China
• SMEC South Africa—N4 Montrose interchange for Mbombel in Mpumalanga, South Africa
• Hyundai Engineering—Automated design of civil and architectural structures with Staad API in Seoul, South Korea
• L&T Construction—Construction of 318 MLD (70 MGD) wastewater treatment plant at Coronation Pillar in New Delhi, India
• Rise Structural Design Inc.—Dhaka Metro Rail Line 1 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
Subsurface modeling and analysis
• Arcadis—South Dock Bridge in London, U.K.
• OceanaGold—Validation of digital management tools for OceanaGold’s Waihi tailings-storage facility in Waihi, Waikato, New Zealand
• Prof. Quick und Kollegen GmbH—Deutsche Bahn Neubaustrecke Gelnhausen – Fulda, Fuld in Gelnhausen, Hessen, Germany
Surveying and monitoring
• Avineon India P Ltd.—Provision of services on the generation of CityGML models of Kowloon East for the Lands Dept. in Hong Kong, SAR, China
• Italferr S.p.A.—The digital twin for structural monitoring of St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican City
• UAB IT logika (DroneTeam)—DBOX M2 in Vilnius, Lithuania
Transmission and distribution
• Elia—Digital transformation and connected iTwins in smart substation design in Brussels, Belgium
• PowerChina Hubei Electric Engineering Co., Ltd.—Full lifecycle digital application on Xianning Chibi 500kV substation project in Xianning, Hubei, China
• Qinghai Kexin Electric Power Design Institute Co., Ltd.—110 kV transmission and transformation project in Deerwen, Guoluo Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Qinghai Province, China, and Gande County, Guoluo Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Qinghai, China
Water and wastewater
• Geoinfo Services—Achieving drinking water from 24/7 tap supply system for emerging economies in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, India
• L&T Construction—Rajghat multi-village, rural water supply scheme in Ashok Nagar and Guna, Madhya Pradesh, India
• Project Controls Cubed LLC—EchoWater project in Sacramento, Calif.