Following its longtime, topically focused strategy, the ISA and its various divisions are once again offering a series of eight different technical conferences in the coming months. These eight symposia include:
- Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR)/Fugitive Emissions (LDAR) Symposium will be on Mar. 5-8 at the Tremont House Wyndham Hotel in Galveston, Texas. It's reported to be the air compliance industry's only conference dedicated solely to sharing best practices for LDAR and directed inspection and maintenance programs (DI&M). Presentation topics will include: design and validation, consent decree updates, LDAR program implementation, emission performance, environmental corrosion, infrared technologies, contractor reliability, records maintenance and reporting, EPA/TCEQ regulations and compliance, QA/QC of LDAR data, subpart W, and upstream and midstream technology. For more information or to register, visit https://isaautomation.isa.org/ldar-2018
- 63rd annual Analysis Division (AD) Symposium will be on April 22-26 at the Galveston Island Convention Center. Attendees will hear from and engage with industry thought leaders and process analyzer manufacturers during expert presentations and training courses, and at the technology forum, exhibition and social networking events. Presentation topics include: chemical analyzers, gas detectors, systems integration, sampling systems, physical properties, emerging technologies, maintenance, validation/calibration, spectroscopy, environmental impacts and chromatography. For more information, visit https://isaautomation.isa.org/ad-symposia
- Fundamentals of Industrial Automation, Instrumentation and Control will be on May 1-3 at Revere Control Systems in Birmingham, Ala. This three-day class will provide instruction on the foundational aspects of industrial automation, instrumentation and control. The course will cover fundamentals of temperature, pressure, flow, and level measurements; process control loops and tuning with process control exercises; and PLCs, DCSs, fieldbus technology and final control elements. Instruction will be provided by highly qualified automation, instrumentation and control professionals under the sponsorship and support of the ISA Birmingham Section. For more information, visit www.isa.org/events-and-conferences/fundamentals-of-industrial-automation-instrumentation-and-control
- 61st Annual Power Industry Division (POWID) Symposium will be held June 25-28 at the University of Tennessee Conference Center in Knoxville. Focusing on critical power generation challenges, the symposium will feature three days of technical sessions across six tracks, and provide industry professionals with information on the latest innovations in automation, controls and instrumentation in the power generation industry. The tracks will include cybersecurity, fleet-wide systems, nuclear and fossil generation, renewable and distributed generation, and emerging technologies. For more information, visit https://isaautomation.isa.org/powid-2018
- Water and Wastewater and Automatic Controls (WWAC) Symposium will be held Aug. 7-9 at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda near Washington, D.C. Presented by the ISA Water and Wastewater Industries Division, in collaboration with the WEF Intelligent Water Technology Committee and Chesapeake AWWA Section, the WWAC Symposium helps professionals in the water and wastewater industries understand how instrumentation, SCADA, and automatic control applications are vital to the treatment and distribution of water, collection and treatment of wastewater, and management of stormwater. For more information, visit www.isa.org/wwac2018
- International Instrumentation Symposium (IIS) will be held Oct. 15 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The event is sponsored jointly by ISA’s Aerospace Industries (ASD), Test Measurements (TMD) and Process Measurement and Control (PMCD) divisions, in collaboration with its Automatic Controls and Robotics (ACARD) and Chemical and Petroleum Industries (ChemPID) divisions, and the Propulsion Instrumentation Working Group (PIWG). IIS is recognized internationally as the outstanding forum for discussion of new and innovative instrumentation techniques, development and applications. It will include ISA training, paper sessions, short courses, workshops and tutorials. For more information, call 919-549-8411.
- Food and Pharmaceutical Industries Division (FPID) Symposium will also be held on Oct. 15 in Montreal. This annual event provides the latest updates, news, trends and expert projections from leading industry and solution professionals for attendees from pharmaceutical and food processing companies, who are seeking to improve quality, safety, reliability, profitability and production. For more information, call 919-549-8411.
- Process Control and Safety Symposium and Exhibition (PCS) will be held Nov. 5-8 in Houston, Texas. Conference tracks, featuring sessions led by leading experts, will cover critical instrumentation, communications, control systems, safety and security topics. Engineers, technicians, and plant managers from the oil and gas, refining, chemical, petrochemical and other process industries will benefit from this three-day intensive event. PCS is sponsored by the ISA's Process Measurement and Control, Safety and Security, Chemical and Petroleum, Communications, Education, Pulp and Paper, and Management divisions, along with the ISA Houston section. For more information, call 919-549-8411.