The FieldComm Group has launched a new, user-friendly, content-rich website, which will serve as a global portal for end users and developers of automation solutions employing HART, FOUNDATION Fieldbus and FDI technologies.
Located at www.fieldcommgroup.org, the new website provides a platform to integrate all existing FieldComm Group technologies into a single place to establish consistency and ease of use for accessing relevant information and resources. This major enhancement allows FieldComm Group to update its digital presence to reflect the innovative nature of its role in the automation industry.
FieldComm Group’s Director of Marketing, Paul Sereiko, said: “Our new and enhanced website will insure a superior and informative user experience for visitors. Development and creation of the site has taken nearly a year to complete, and we feel the updated format help guide visitors to the digital technology solutions best suited for their industry or need.”
Sereiko indicated that the new website employs modern web design techniques, such as mobile responsive capabilities, streamlined navigation with mega-menu integration, and simple and clear calls-to-action. These features make it quick and easy to find appropriate technology, product or application information; download tutorial and user case study materials; and identify training sites and other regional information around the world.
Key website features include:
• White papers and technical articles on HART, FOUNDATION Fieldbus and FDI technologies in general, with industry-specific content available
• FieldComm Group news and events, including current press releases and a schedule of tradeshow participation and targeted activities across the globe
• Education section identifying educational sites offering FOUNDATION Certified Training Program (FCTP) courses, as well as locations conducting developer workshops
• Services section outlining opportunities for HART, FOUNDATION Fieldbus and FDI developer assistance
• Membership section listing FieldComm Group members worldwide and explaining benefits of membership status
• Product Registry containing information on all currently registered hosts, devices and other compliant products
An essential aspect of the new website is an updated design language creating a clean, modern aesthetic that emphasizes FieldComm Group’s role in transitioning the automation industry from analog to digital technologies. The resulting experience provides a flexible foundation designed to grow with FieldComm Group in the coming years and solidify its position as a leader in the industry.
As part of FieldComm Group’s web redesign, the organization has centered its focus on the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Industrie 4.0 to illustrate how its technologies fit in this important process industry evolution. FieldComm Group technologies have played a critical role in enabling the IIoT for over 20 years by developing the infrastructure necessary to communicate with networked digital sensors.
The new website will evolve throughout 2016 with major feature enhancements to include: member login subsections, e-commerce and registered product catalog integration. Additional plans include site language options, with content translated into German, French, Spanish, Japanese and Chinese.
The redesigned FieldComm Group website incorporates much of the prior www.hartcomm.org and www.fieldbus.org content, but these legacy sites will remain active until all major content and features have transitioned to www.fieldcommgroup.org.