1. How to Avoid a Common PID Tuning Mistake Tips
In this Control Talk blog, Greg McMillan discusses a common PID tuning mistake: decreasing the PID gain should make a loop with slow decaying oscillations more stable. Read more.
The Top 50 worldwide and North American process control and automation suppliers are making slow, consistent gains with help from the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Read more.
5. The electric grid continues to be cyber vulnerable and susceptible to catastrophic impacts
In this Unfettered blog, Joe Weiss the cyber vulnerabilities of the electric grid. He provides a brief history and rationale for why we should be concerned about the cyber threats to the electric grid from Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea. Read more.
6. OPA Forum expands open, interoperable standard for process control device interfaces - Part 1
Executive Editor Jim Montague explains the Open Process Automation Forum (OPAF) and its effort to develop and implement an open, interoperable process control standard, as well as those who are helping. Read more.
8. ARC Forum makes sense of digitalized future
ARC Advisory Group's 22nd Annual Industry Forum took place Feb. 12-15 in Orlando, Fla., and offered attendees useful insights in how to understand, thrive and help others succeed in digital environments. Read more.
10. Fertility Clinic Liquid Nitrogen Incidents – could they have been hacks?
Joe Weiss discusses when failures occur in similar systems at almost the same time and the potential explanation. Read more.