1. Live from Rockwell Automation TechED 2017
The editors of Control and Control Design were on site at Rockwell Automation TechED 2017 to bring you the breaking news and best sessions from this world class event. Read more.
2. Process safety delayed
Some users and experts report process safety is largely paralyzed, but some progress and innovations keep plugging along. Read more.
3. Big data is only as useful as the SMEs who give it context
The IIoT and cloud analytics are bringing automation and IT together. Hear more from Tathagata Basu, director, Honeywell Connected Plant, North America, the our coverage from Honeywell Users Group (HUG) 2017. Read more.
4. Jack Daniel’s gets on The Connected Enterprise with CPwE
Legendary distiller upgrades its production network and reduces downtime with Converged Plantwide Ethernet strategy from Cisco and Rockwell Automation. Read more.
5. DeltaV Mobile brings process data beyond the control room
DeltaV Mobile connects plant managers, automation supervisors, process engineers and subject matter experts with read-only access to essential operations data. Read more.
6. Endress+Hauser senses an opportunity
Another new investment keeps the process automation company close to customers. Read about the company's new $8 million, 42,000-square-foot temperature manufacturing facility in Greenwood, Indiana. Read more.
7. Ask the experts: PID terminology causes confusion
Definitions of terms evolve as control technology advances and proprietary algorithms merge. A reader question prompts Béla Lipták and his team to explore in greater depth. Read more.
8. How the building of Shell Oil's ultra-deepwater Ursa platform relates to human behavior
Want to improve process safety by more than 80%? Start talking about feelings with your coworkers, if you're man enough. Maybe it's finally time to give up the strong-and-silent, John Wayne baloney. Read more.
9. Product roundup: level finds new heights
Familiar technologies from Endress+Hauser, Orion Instruments, Vega Americas, Emerson, and others, are being enhanced with new and useful bells and whistles. Read more.
10. Building cybersecurity firewalls
Cybersecurity is all the rage now with everyone wondering if someone is peeking under their petticoats or will hack their control system and take over their process. Here, we explore how to secure industrial control and safety systems at every conduit. Read more.