Newark announced Aug. 22 that it’s enhancing education by making customized kits and Multicomp Pro products more easily available to technical educators and their students. Multicomp’s items geared for students include USB soldering irons and bench multimeters among others.
The company adds its custom kitting services enable professors and teachers to partner with Newark, and assemble easy-to-order kits tailored to their specific educational needs. From packaging classroom kits to developing single-board computer kits, Newark offers electronic components from more than 2,000 manufacturers, including proto-boards, tools and test equipment.
To order custom kits from Newark, educators can follow several simple steps:
- Browse Newark’s online catalog and select desired products for the custom kit;
- Submit a quote request by calling 888-531-1037, emailing [email protected], or filling out an online education kitting form;
- Receive a detailed quote from Newark’s experts for selected products; and
- Approve the quote and wait for Newark to assemble and ship the kits.
- Students can also access a dedicated, custom webpage, allowing them to conveniently order kits online, too.
“We believe quality education should be accessible to all, and our educational kitting services and Multicomp Pro products for students reflect that commitment," says Cliff Ortmeyer, global head of technical marketing at Newark. "By offering affordable, quality tools and kits, we aim to equip the engineers of tomorrow with the resources they need to succeed."