This article was printed in CONTROL's December 2009 edition.
Welcome to ControlGlobal.com's First Annual Valuable Digital Content (VDC) Awards. Traditionally, Control magazine presents annual awards, such as the Top 50 Automation Companies (Dec. 09 issue, page 22) and the Readers' Choice Awards (www.controlglobal.com/articles/2009/2009RCA0901.html). This year, ControlGlobal.com initiates its own tradition with the VDC Awards.
It Pays to Give Energy Management a Thought!
Learn possible ways to manage energy in a processing plant.
Using Appliance Transaction Modules to Enable Tracking and Tracing
How appliance transaction modules enable the sharing of data for tracking and tracing applications.
Cabling Requirements for Harsh Environments
Understanding different cabling requirements and how to select interconnectivity products in harsh environments.
The VDC recipients were selected by you. Every time you visited ControlGlobal.com and clicked on our content, your clicks counted as votes. Our website tracking system collected these clicks, and these are the results.
Starting our ceremony, the 2009 award for most valuable digital content, in the Article category goes to David W. Spitzer for "Beginner's Guide to Differential Pressure Level Transmitters."
An integrated approach to safety and security can help keep your people, plant and the environment safe.
Blog Talk Radio Talks SCADA
Allie Herzog from Blog Talk Radio talks SCADA with CONTROL magazine's editor-in-chief, Walt Boyes.
Back to Basics: Calibration
Studying calibration of field instruments.
For the Multimedia category, the VDC goes to: Walt Boyes for "Back to Basics: SCADA."
The VDC winner, Blog Entry category, is Joe Weiss for "2009 Control System Cyber Security Conference—Mark Your Calendar."
The VDC in the Industry News category is awarded to Control's editors for "Joseph Hogan New ABB CEO."
And the Grand 2009 VDC Award for the most clicked-on page this year goes to Dave Spitzer's "Beginner's Guide to Differential Pressure Level Transmitters."
This concludes our First Annual VDC Award ceremony. Congratulations to the winners. Visit ControlGlobal.com to cast your vote for the 2010 VDCs. Thank you for participating and we will meet again next year for our 2010 VDC ceremony.
See a complete list of all the category nominees below:
VDC, category Articles:
- Beginner's Guide to Differential Pressure Level Transmitters by David W. Spitzer
- Control 2009 Readers' Choice Awards by CONTROL's editors
- PLC Programming by Dave Harrold
- Fifty Automation Companies Worth Watching by Walt Boyes and Larry O'Brien
- Pressure-Based Level Measurements Keep Getting Better and Better by Paul Miller
VDC, category White Paper:
- Temperature Measurement and Calibration: What Every Instrument Technician Should Know by Fluke Networks
- Learn How an AC VFD Works to Better Understand Its Efficiencies by Yaskawa
- Specifying the Ideal DC UPS for Industrial Applications by Sola HD
- OPC: The Ins and Outs to What It's About (The Every Man's Guide to OPC) by Matrikon
- Best Practices Engineering Guide by Fluid Components International
VDC, category Multimedia:
- Back to Basics: SCADA by Walt Boyes
- Back to Basics: Termination Technology by Walt Boyes
- Back to Basics: Basics of Data Acquisition by Walt Boyes
- Back to Basics: Calibration by Jim Montague
- Level Instrumentation and Tank Gauging by Walt Boyes
VDC, category Community:
- 2009 Control System Cyber Security Conference - Mark Your Calendar by Joe Weiss
- Paulett Eberhart Leaves Invensys by Walt Boyes
- Connecting the Dots-- Integrating the Integrators' Supply Chain by Walt Boyes
- If You Can't Read a P&ID Diagram, You Need This Self-Study Course by Walt Boyes
- Connecting the Dots-- Integrating the Integrators' Supply Chain
VDC, category Industry News:
- Joseph Hogan New ABB CEO
- Rockwell Automation Undertakes Restructuring, Including Layoffs
- SAP's Move on Visiprise Confirms MES Ambitions
- Siemens Introduces World's Largest High-Speed, Variable-Frequency Drive
- Fisher Control Valves First to Be SIL3-Certified to IEC 61508
VDC, category Product:
- Controlotron's Ultrasonic Flowmeter
- Emerson Process Management's Fisher GX 3-Way Control Valve and Actuator System
- Controlotron's Ultrasonic Flowmeter
- Schneider Electric's SCADA Software
- Emerson Process Management's Mobrey Magnetic Level Gauge
Grand VDC Award: