Fieldbus Foundation is an international, not-for-profit corporation consisting of leading process end users, automation companies, universities and research organizations working together to develop an an automation infrastructure that provides process integrity, business intelligence and open scalable integration in a managed environment. For more information visit Fieldbus.org.
The Field Communication Lounge created a single area for visitors to learn about and experience the latest in field communication and integration technologies and to discuss how these technologies work together to deliver powerful results to improve plant operations, safety, energy usage, compliance, quality, performance, and a company's profitability.
The lounge provided a common demonstration and display area in which the participating organizations and their members showcase their individual process and factory automation communication and integration technologies. This combined exhibit concept better aligns with the way in which users often integrate field communication technologies at their own facilities.
Visitors to the Field Communication Lounge had a central place to:
- Discuss the leading automation communication protocols and integration technologies – their advantages, applications and their relevance in practice
- See practical demonstrations of field communication and integration solutions including the FDI technology and the FDT standard that incorporates all networks as well as DTM and FDI configuration methods
- Find new intelligent field devices, device configuration solutions, asset management and control solutions
- Experience wireless and integration technologies that lower the cost of new measurements
- Learn how the information in intelligent field devices can lower cost and improve plant performance
During the Hannover Fair, a press conference and reception were held on Monday, April 7, in the Field Communication Lounge. During the press conference, Fieldbus Foundation President Richard Timoney reflected back on the past twenty years – the advancements of fieldbus technology, the evolving process automation industry and the exciting opportunities for fieldbus technology in the future.
The Fieldbus Foundation Technology Kiosk featured devices and technology solutions from: ABB, Beamex, Bürkert, Emerson Process Management, Endress+Hauser, Heinrich Messtechnik, Pepperl+Fuchs, Phoenix Contact, R. Stahl, Samson, Softing and Yokogawa.
More information about the Field Communication Lounge can be found at www.fieldcommunicationlounge.com.